The Gordie Sampson Songcamp and Ceilidh Cup team up for Softchoice Cares Power 2 the People
The Gordie Sampson Songcamp is fortunate to have The Ceilidh Cup golf tournament choose to donate funds from their annual event to assist Songcamp in expanding its activities throughout the year.
In addition to this great news, The Ceilidh Cup’s primary sponsor, Softchoice, has been very generous with Songcamp. This year both The Ceilidh Cup and Softchoice have worked to ensure the Gordie Sampson Songcamp qualified for the Softchoice Cares for their Power 2 the People $50,000 Challenge.
This means that the Gordie Sampson Songcamp has access to a $25,000 matching dollars fund where every dollar fundraised in 2013 has the potential to be matched by Softchoice Cares on a first come first serve basis for Ceilidh Cup 2014. Songcamp is also competing in the “P2P Challenge” for the remaining $25,000. First place receives $15,000, second place receives $7,500 and third place receives $2,500. Being a part of this Softchoice Cares is an excellent opportunity for future Songcamp funding.
To earn points in the challenge, we created a Facebook page called Ceilidh Cup for Gordie Sampson Songcamp. Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/ceilidhcup.
Now it’s time to connect to our community through social media initiatives to spread the word – and we need your help! Here’s how:
1. “Like” our page (we get 1 point for each)
2. “Share” our posts with your friends on Facebook (1 point for each)
3. “Comment” on our posts and page (1 point for each)
4. “Post” any pictures, videos and comments on our page and your pages (5 points for every post – these could be posts of any of our musical guests’ songs, videos, pics)
5. Encourage all your friends on Facebook to Like, Share, Comment and Post on our page
6. “Tweet” a link to our page, videos, pics that we post on Facebook to encourage more people to check us out
This challenge goes to October 18th and we are confident that together we can really make some impact!